Wednesday, February 26, 2014

More Than Cookies

The controversy of the day would be my binge eating of Girl Scout cookies. Who knew a few cookies could conjure up such a fuss. So let me start out by stating my purpose here:

I am not claiming to be a health guru. I am about as far from perfect as they come. I have fought my entire life with weight issues and finally found sanity in running and meal planning. I LOVE FOOD. There is no denying that. I once weighed 235 pounds. I started this blog because I love to write, run, and eat. 

 If you are looking to read a blog full of good healthy choices, you are in the wrong place. I make several good choices but there are bad ones that get mixed in. If you want to see someone who falls but picks themselves up over and over again, then please continue to read.

So this morning my 5 boxes of Girl Scouts cookies came in. I wait for this day all year. I opened each box and ate what I wanted. Awe who am I kidding, I ate my self sick! I am done now and it was FUN and Delicious! To me life is about making choice and taking chances. I make the choice to live a fun and delicious life. Yes some days I fill my body with junk and others I fuel it for my workouts. Today I chose to fuel with cookies, lots of cookies.


3 dreadmill miles and 10 minutes on this weird new machine called the Nustep and I am exhausted. Came home and made more delicious overnight oats and now I am headed to bed.
Holy legs this thing was tough!

So I'll leave you with image of some yummy overnight oats..............



Strawberry, blackberry and PB on the right and Apple Cinnamon on the left. I chopped the apples and microwaved them in some honey with cinnamon first to soften them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment