Sunday, February 23, 2014

First blog........Hope ya'll like it!

So this is my story- I met these 2 crazy ladies that loved to run, and I thought hmph, that'll never happen. Well, 2 half marathons, 2 triathlons, numerous 5K's, and training runs later here I am. Writing a blog about my journey. I only wish I had started this blog a year ago when my journey began. Once I got the hang of the exercise part I decided it was time to start fueling my body. So I started eating 6 meals per day that consisted of small portions of chicken and green beans. That got old FAST! I lost 10 lbs in 3 months then I just could not make my self continue. So I did some research and revised my meal plan. I still eat six small meals per day but I have added some variety. So that is what you will find here on my blog. Ideas for healthy meals that are fuel for your body and some snapshots of my training. My hopes are that this will keep me focused while inspiring  others to begin their journey to a new healthier stronger life. 



I am new to blogging and already making bad choices! I was supposed to run tonight but instead decided to stay in and blog.
Sundays are my meal prep days. I cooked all day today to prepare for the week. I decided to cook some of the 900 things that I pin on Pinterest and never get to.
The first thing I made was homemade peanut butter, this was not Pinterest inspired, the idea came from my dad.


Then I found a recipe for homemade protein bars and that peaked my interest! I experimented a little and threw these together.




So YUM they taste like the no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies!
Here’s the recipe:
2 cups oat flour ( I made mine just put oats in the food processor)
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
3 tbsp peanut butter (I used my homemade pb)
¼ cup almond milk
1 tbsp agave nectar
Mix it all together in a bowl then line a small brownie pan with wax paper and press it down with another layer of wax paper. Refrigerate overnight and voila! This will make 10 bars at 120 calories a piece! They each pack 8 grams of protein! 

All of that wasn't enough so I moved on to overnight oats. I have seen these all over and never tried them. I searched several recipes and asked a friend for tips.  I can’t wait to try them in the morning.
I made 2 kinds one with PB and one without for mom who’s not a big PB fan.  I however LOVE PB!


1/4 cup instant oats
1/4 cup almond milk
½ mashed banana
1 tbsp peanut butter (again I used my homemade)
2 strawberries (chopped)
1 tbsp Truvia Baking Blend- this stuff is the goods! Its Stevia mixed with sugar, delish! 


The cooking continued into the afternoon but I’ll have to post all of that later!

                                                                                       ~Swimbikerunfuel

No comments:

Post a Comment