Monday, May 23, 2016

Spanish Moss in My Hand............

Sexy Bitches

Race all the races.... My motto, because well, racing is just awesome. I dread training days but love race day. Without race day what are we doing all this work for anyway? I have always been one to overindulge, hence the 85 pound I've had to lose. I'm working on that. So maybe I've traded in food for racing.  So I sign up for too many races, and race them when I shouldn't because I'm injured. I never said I was smart. I am in severe pain today but do I regret yesterday's awesomeness, nope. I don't regret anything I do because every single moment of life is a lesson. And guess what I learned yesterday? That I am a strong ass mother fucker. No no I don't mean She-Ra strong. I mean like Professor X strong. Only I don't control other people's minds just mine. When my foot started hurting running to T1, I knew it would be a tough race. But I pushed through 4 miles at a 10 minute pace and I am damn proud of it. Again, stupid, yes of course. I never said I was smart.



Swim: 1000 yards 24:31 2:07/100
There's nothing quite like starting a race and not knowing the distances. At the swim start I was informed it was a 1000 yard swim and not the 800 I thought. I'm not a bad swimmer, I just don't like it. So I thought well this will be fun. I decided to try out my swim skin for shits and giggles and I loved that thing! At first I just wore it because......well, I felt cool as hell. And it sucks everything in and you look all skinny and shit. Anyway, I think it may have actually helped me swim better! I'm not sure, and there's no way to prove it but I felt awesome and it was one of my faster swims!

T1: 1:12
My transition times are usually sub :60, not sure what the hell happened this time. Maybe getting out of the skin? Saved me 12 seconds in the water but cost me 12 seconds in transition. Perhaps I should reconsider!


Bike: 18 miles 57:43 18.7 MPH
I'm working really hard on my pro flying mount and dismount and well I just can't seem to nail that shit. At Latri I ended up dropping my bike and this time I couldn't get my leg over my back water bottle. I must look like a damn fool out there. So the bike. Note to self, check out distances and race course before jumping in. Don't just show up at races and assume they are all the same sprint distance and flat course.  There were hills. Now I know what you're thinking, humph, just wait until you get to San Francisco. Anyway, I just wasn't prepared once again, however I worked so damn hard for that 18.7 average. My legs felt like they were going to explode for most of the ride!

T2: 1:03
Not too bad on time here, I had to put socks on because I had a small blister on my toe from some sandals I wore the day before like an idiot. I don't normally wear socks for sprint tris.

Run: 40:42 10:11 average pace
Ohhhh the run. So I'm dealing with this awful, terrible, horrible, plantar fasciitis and it hurt the second I put my shoes on. It hurt like a mother for the entire first mile. I don't know why but after about a mile it settled down. It still hurt but not so bad I had to stop. So, I approach the first water station at mile 1,  grab my water and stroll on through. I'm thinking okay half a mile and you're at the turn around. Well I'm at half a mile later and people are turning but not around, they are turning and running up a giant hill! Again, note to self: check the distances on races prior to the race. This was a 4 mile run not the 3.1 I expected. So I think okay I got this I'm not dying, shut up foot. That hill hurt. All of them hurt. I mean I'm sure in the grand scheme of things those hills were tiny, I mean this is south Louisiana, but to me, they were Everest. At about 3.5, when I am all in my head talking myself up and zoned out, I hear someone say "Hey you're from Baton Rouge right?" She saved my life, we chatted and it totally took my mind off my foot and I made it to the finish line. Of course not without tripping and rolling my ankle in true Jessica fashion. Thanks Mike for the finish line shout out also. I was hoping no one saw me but they did, in fact he announced it to everyone. Big thanks to Francis for collecting and saving the giant rock that I tripped on. Such an awesome teammate.....

Crawfishman 2016 was honestly one of the best races I've raced. The venue was incredible. The food was literally the best post race food I've ever had. The medals are AMAZING! Of course I would expect nothing less from the race director he knows how to put on one kick ass race!

Overall time:

2:05:09
5th place AG
Body marking because I still cant get my crap together and get tritats like a pro


 Big Sexy at the race, Paige and Adam volunteered while Rebecca, Michael, Francis, Sherry (not pictured) and I raced! 

 These sexy boys podiumed! Is that a word? YUP
 *not my beer*
 The amazing food I talked about, grilled zucchini, squash, and pineapple! 
These medals are the SHIT! It's a bottle opener! 
Spanish moss in my hand, turn me into crawfishman.......

~Swimbikerunfuel

2 comments:

  1. Nice write up. Sounded like a fun race, but I think you would have fun anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom! it's always an adventure with me!

    ReplyDelete